***By acknowledging these terms and conditions you are waiving certain rights and releasing the parties involved providing instruction or participating with in our programs. All students must agree with the terms in order to participate in our school.
LIABILITY RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
By acknowledgement of these terms and conditions, in consideration of the services of Chris Patterson and Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel , Carmel Youth Center Board Members, it's instructors, officers, agents, volunteers or representatives (hereinafter referred to as “Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel”) and Julio Toribio, Founder of Seibukan Jujutsu, Seibukan Dojo, Seibukan Jujutsu, Monterey Budokan, Action Self-Defense Academy, its instructors, its officers, agents or representatives (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Monterey Budokan”), hereby agree to release and discharge Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel and Monterey Budokan, on behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows: 1. I understand and acknowledge that the activity, the martial arts training, I am about to voluntarily engage in as a participant and/or volunteer bears certain known risks and unanticipated risks which could result in injury, death, illness or disease, physical or mental, or damage to myself, to my property or to spectators or other third parties.
2. I acknowledge that martial arts training involves strenuous physical activities and personal body contact, and that I will be participating in simulated attack situations which can be physically harmful and/or emotionally stressful and involves risks that may cause serious injury and in some cases death.
3. I voluntarily assume the risk and danger of injury or death inherent in the practice and/or training of martial arts
4. I RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel and Monterey Budokan doing business under its own name or any other name and/or any of its owners, officers, employees and agents, for any loss, liability, damage, or costs whatsoever arising out of or related to my participation in the martial arts training and program including any loss, damage, or injury (including death) to my person or property that may arise from negligence (excluding gross negligence or willful misconduct) on the part of Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel and Monterey Budokan.
5. I INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel and Monterey Budokan and its employees and agents against any loss, liability, damage or cost that may incur arising out of or in any way connected with either my participation in Seibukan Jujutsu programs and martial arts training and my use of the Seibukan Jujutsu premises.
6. I represent that, to the best of my knowledge, I do not have a health condition that would make it inadvisable for me to participate in Seibukan Jujutsu activities, and that I am not under the influence of alcohol and drugs, which is prohibited on Seibukan Jujutsu of Carmel and Monterey Budokan premises.
BY ACCEPTING THIS ELECTRONIC AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING. THE SUBMISSION OF THIS FORM INDICATES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF AND AGREEMENT TO ITS TERMS.
If under eighteen (18) years of age, parent or guardian must sign below.
I, as parent or guardian of the above minor, certify that I have read the above Liability Release and Indemnity Agreement and I consent to the minor’s participation in the Seibukan Dojo Programs and agree to the terms and conditions of the Liability Release and Indemnity Agreement for myself and for the minor.
Want to know more?